Terms and Conditions
The terms of business below should be read in conjunction with all other terms and conditions of trade and sale that Global School Stationery Supplier may have. The company reserves the right to change any such terms of business at its discretion as and when it may deem this necessary.
1. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the company these conditions shall override any terms or conditions stipulated, incorporated or referred to by the buyer in their order or negotiations.
2. All prices are net unless otherwise stated. Prices are subject to revisions without notice. All orders are accepted at the price ruling as at the date of dispatch of goods ordered unless otherwise specifically agreed. Prices are based on the current rate of exchange, ocean freight, insurance, handling charges, duty, railage and any variation in these rates shall be for the buyers account.
3. Terms of payment is EFT and in no circumstances will ownership of the goods supplied pass to the buyer until payment in full has been made in respect of those goods.
4. The company accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss arising from non-delivery or delay in delivering any goods, caused by war, strike, lock-out, fire, flood, explosion, government restrictions, failure to obtain or shortage of raw materials or any other cause arising whatsoever, which is beyond the company's control.
5. If the company is to provide delivery by installments to the buyer, each installment shall be deemed to be the subject of a separate contract and non-delivery or delay in delivery of any installment shall not affect the balance of the contract nor entitle the buyer to cancel same.
6. Where a time of delivery is promised or specified, the company will make every effort to dispatch the goods ordered within the stated period. The company however reserves the right to amend the delivery promise, in the event of circumstances beyond its control making this necessary.
7. All risk in and to the goods purchased shall pass to the buyer upon delivery, which shall be construed to have been effected in the case of:
7.1 Deliveries by the company, in its own vehicles, upon the goods being offloaded at the buyers premises or such other premises designated by him;
7.2 Deliveries by rail, road, sea or air, upon delivery to the carrier concerned, even should the cost of such carriage be paid or pre-paid by the company, the buyer agrees that in all cases the carrier concerned shall be deemed to be the buyers agent.
8. All items quoted ex stock are subject to prior sale, unless otherwise stated.
9. All drawings, photographs, descriptive matter, weights, dimensions and shipping specifications submitted by the company are intended merely to present a general idea of the goods described therein and their use shall not in any circumstances constitute a sale by description or warranty of any kind whatever.
10. No claim shall be allowed by the company when the goods supplied by it have been cut, printed or processed in any way whatever by the buyer.
11. It is the sole responsibility of the buyer to determine whether the goods ordered by him are suitable for the purpose for which he intends using them. The company gives no warranty, express or implied, concerning the suitability of the goods supplied for any purpose whatever. The company shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or other loss including loss to third parties, arising out of errors in carrying out a contract or by unsuitability of goods for use as intended and, the buyer indemnifies the company and holds it harmless from any third party claim so arising.
12. The company shall be under no liability for any loss or damage however arising, resulting from the use or conversion of the goods and the buyer indemnifies the company in respect of any claim by a third party for loss or damage resulting as aforesaid.
13. Under no circumstances shall the liability of the company exceed the value of the goods supplied, but when paper or raw material is supplied to the company by the buyer for conversion or any other processing whatsoever, the liability of the company (if any) for loss or damage either direct or indirect shall in no circumstances exceed the value of the services rendered by the company to the buyer.
14. The company cannot guarantee delivery of exact quantities ordered and the buyer agrees to accept all deliveries subject to tolerances of not more than plus or minus 10% of the quantity ordered.
15. In the event of goods damaged in transit, or short delivered no claim for such damage or short delivery can be entertained by the company unless the carrier concerned and the company receive written notification of such damage or short delivery within three days of delivery and in which event the company's liability shall be limited to the cost of replacement or repair of any part of the goods damaged in transit or short delivered, or the value of the goods supplied, whichever is the lesser and the company shall not be liable for any consequential damage arising from such damage in transit or short delivery whatever.
16. No credit will be passed by the company unless claims and returns are made within ten days of receipt of the goods by the buyer.
17. Goods specifically manufactured to the requirements of the buyer, returned through no fault of the company, will only be accepted for credit at the company's sole and absolute discretion. When such goods are accepted for credit a minimum handling charge of 10% will be made and deducted from the resultant credit note passed by the company, in the buyers favor.
18. Any contract entered into by the company is subject to cancellation or to variation by reason of Force Majeure from any and every cause whatsoever beyond the company's control including but not limited to war, strikes, lockouts, fire, floods, explosions government restrictions, failure to obtain or shortages of raw materials or any other cause whatsoever beyond the company's control.
19. Quotations in respect of goods to be specifically manufactured by the company to the requirements of the buyer, shall not be binding upon the company, until the company has confirmed its acceptance in writing, after the placement of a resultant order by the buyer.
20. The company shall levy interest calculated at the maximum permitted rate in terms of the Usuary Act No. 73 of 1968, as amended on all amounts outstanding for payment by the buyer more than sixty days from the date of invoice.
21. In the event of the buyer being overdue in respect of any payment, the company may suspend any deliveries without notice to the buyer and without prejudice to any other legal remedy it may have, until due payment has been made by the buyer.
22. In the event of the company initiating legal proceedings of whatever nature for recovery of any amounts outstanding, any costs thus incurred including all attorney and own client costs, collection commissions and costs of any nature whatsoever, shall be paid by the buyer.
23. In the event of any action being instituted in pursuance of any outstanding amount, the buyer hereby irrevocably consents to the jurisdiction of the magistrates court, notwithstanding which the company may elect to proceed in any Supreme Court of competent jurisdiction.
1.Customers requesting to return goods that were correctly supplied by Global School Stationery Supplier in accordance with the customers’ orders will be subject to a 10% handling charge on goods returned (minimum charge of R150.00).
2.Such requests for return must be made within 10 business days of delivery of goods
3.The cost of return logistics will be at the customer’s expense+A30
4.The company reserves the right to refuse any such returns.
5.Discontinued Items which no longer appear on Global School Stationery Supplier’s pricelist and were correctly supplied will under no circumstances be accepted for credit.
6.Goods returned must be:
6.1Requested to be returned by completion of a request to return stock form
6.3Once approved, a completed RMA form (System generated returns form) and invoice for the handling charge will be sent back by Global School Stationery Supplier.
6.4All stock returned must be accompanied by a signed RMA, the original invoice relating to the stock returned as well as a proof of payment for the handling fee charged
6.5Stock returned must be in saleable condition upon receipt back by Global School Stationery Supplier and must be in the same original packaging that the goods were received in by the customer.
Incorrectly Supplied and Stock received Damaged
1.Goods which have been incorrectly supplied by Global School Stationery Supplier or have been supplied damaged will be credited in full with no handling fee charged
2.Such requests for return must be made within 3 business days of delivery of goods
3.Damaged or incorrectly supplied goods returned must be:
3.1Requested to be returned by completion of a request to return stock form
3.3Once approved, a completed RMA form will be sent back by Global School Stationery Supplier.
3.4All stock returned must be accompanied by a signed RMA as well as the original invoice relating to the stock returned
3.5Stock returned which was incorrectly supplied must be in seal-able condition upon receipt back by Need Stationery and must be in the same original packaging that the goods were received in by the customer.